I found this - it has some interesting ideas - read it and apply whats fits you lifestyle:
Clutter, to-dos, bills, half-completed ideas… Our lives are filled with unfinished stuff - and the sinking feeling that accompanies it all. Hold a Clean Sweep Day to put the finishing touches on otherwise unfinished work.
I realized that it was kind of like the feeling I was having about technology.
A Clean Sweep Day is when you block out a day (or even four hours will do) where you have absolutely no commitments or distractions and you power through all the projects, incomplete tasks and nagging to-do's that are preventing you from performing at 100%.
- Paper, filing or "stuff" clutter in your office
- Projects or deliverables that you remember at 4:30 am
- Half completed ideas that you ruminate about
- Email, phone calls or letters that you have been putting off
- Bills or situations that you need to spend time resolving
- Family, friends or business situations that need a "discussion" to clear something up
- Technology challenges that cause you from being able to work properly.
- Broken items that bother you when you notice them